Merry Christmas! Coconut and I hope you are enjoying the holidays as much as we are.
These are our favourite buildings of 2016? What are yours?
From the bottom up:
- CHANEL store, Amsterdam, MDRDV (simply love the glass bricks merging with the original brickwork)
- Tate Modern Switch House, London, Herzog & de Meuron (great exterior, mediocre interior)
- Elbphilharmonie, Hamburg, Herzog & de Meuron (those guys design the coolest extensions)
- European Hansemuseum, Lübeck, Studio Andreas Heller Architects & Designers (beautiful brickwork)
- Port House, Antwerp, Zaha Hadid Architects (I am still not sure whether I love this one or hate it – it definitely does not leave one indifferent)
To sum up – I love bricks and think Herzog & de Meuron are brilliant!